2009 – 2010 Master of Arts in Design & Visualisation – Birmingham City University, England.
2006 – 2007 BA (Hons.) in Product Design (Industrial) – Birmingham City University, England.
2002 – 2005 Diploma in Product Design – Centre for Advance Design (Cenfad), Malaysia.
2015 – 2019 Schawk! (An SGK Group Company)
Creative Lead cum Account Manager – A client-facing role, responsible for receiving creative briefs for CGI’s and creating workflows (SOP) that is best for production as well as ensuring the team understand the requirements the client’s platform has for eCommerce. Developing style guides, ensuring both the client and production team understand the quality and specification that is expected to be produced and received. Getting involved with onboarding new accounts as well as managing new projects (initial kick off phase) in terms of eCommerce needs and production. Educate the marketing team, when needed, on the offering of the production centres as well as the trends in eCommerce for FMCG products and what is to come, especially with online digital storage assets and eCommerce specifications such as GS1 and SKU Vantage (also known as SKU Library).
2014 – present Self Employed
- Currently working on various graphic design and packaging projects, on freelance basis, while moonlighting as a travel writer.
- Worked with ASEAN Union Inc. (Malaysia) as an Art Director to create an investor profile and brand identity for their project in Laos – Savan eCo City (SeCC).
- Creating marketing collateral and brand evolution for Nook Flowers.
- Work with Royal Selangor Yacht Club, on a yearly basis, on creating their regatta guide booklet and other promotional material relating to the regatta.
2012 – 2013 Ablemen Communications
Senior Graphic Designer – Creating corporate branding and concepts for clients such as Kuala Lumpur City Hall, Century Logistic and Haus. Involved with seeing and producing concept from start to it’s final staged of production. As well as meeting clients and understanding their needs and vision they have for their brand and products.
2011 – 2012 Freelance Sustainable Industrial & Graphic Designer.
- Worked with Leo Burnett (Malaysia) as a visualiser on their Sempoerna relaunch project (for Group Phillip Morris) as well as Petronas’ A Century of Fluids Innovation project.
- Worked with Lucideas (advertising agency) as a Graphic Designer, designing web layouts & print based art work for their IACT account.
- Completed a 3 month contract with KL City Walk, creating print based graphic work & signage for the project, as well as project managing.
2010 – 2009 Freelance Product & Graphic Designer (Based in UK).
- Designing corporate identities and other graphic work for companies in England.
- Katika, a Swiss based furniture Design Company; did visualisation for their consumers (for custom made orders) and furniture design.
2008 Dinah Body Design Consultancy, Worcester, England
Design Technician – Development of design visuals for various clients predominantly within the premium ceramic industry; Projects including Waterford Crystal and Denby. Responsibilities include production of designs in Illustrator and Photoshop for presentation to clients. Assisting in the styling of tableware for manufacturing and supply to clients.
2005 – 2006 EP Manufacturing Berhad (EPMB), Shah Alam, Malaysia
Conceptual in house designer. Worked on several projects through EPMB for Toyota, Saudi Arabia Branch. Most of the work required hand drawn drawing as well as Illustrator and Photoshop presentation boards and 3-D models.
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe InDesign
• Auto CAD
• Cinema 4D
• Microsoft Word
• Microsoft PowerPoint
• Tamil (sub-Indian dialect)
• Hokkien (sub Chinese dialect)
• Travel Writing